Transitioning From Growth To Income
As retirement approaches perhaps the greatest challenge investors face in today's low interest rate environment is transitioning from the accumulation of assets to the need for supplemental income. We can help.
Consider the following -
Fixed income investments may indeed involve less risk than stocks - but they are certainly not risk-free
- Credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk and other factors must all be taken into consideration
- Too much concentration on income producing assets may mean that your overall holdings have little chance of keeping up with inflation
- Higher yielding investments may be a good addition, but with higher yields comes higher risk
- Popular lifetime income options which are included in many variable annuities may come at a very high cost where the odds of substantial benefit are slim
- A systematic withdrawal program which blends growth and income producing assets may be worth considering in today's environment
Fairview Financial can design a balanced strategy custom tailored to your needs.